How to run successful political campaign has always been a challenge, here are 12 successful tips that will help you in winning the election.
The hardest thing about any political campaign is how to win without proving that you are unworthy of winning. ~Adlai E. Stevenson
- Qualities of the Candidate: It always starts with the identification of the strength of the candidates i.e. the qualities in him for e.x. Credibility, Honesty, Visionary, disciplined, integrity and technical skills etc. as Oxford dictionary defines a politician as “person engaged or interested in politics” and politics as “science and art of government.
- Emotional Connect– Relation of Qualities with Current Political Agenda with an approach to solving the issues and connecting the emotionally with the crowd, as If someone stands for you, you stand with him/her.
- Campaign Theme- According to Wikipedia, “A political campaign is an organized effort which seeks to influence the decision-making process within a specific group. In democracies, political campaigns often refer to electoral campaigns, by which representatives are chosen or referendums are decided. ” E.x. Yes I can Change- Barak Obama or Make America Great Again -D. Trump.
- People Connect- It’s always said you should Talk to everyone because you have no idea how someone can end up helping you and nowadays its done through Social Media platforms like Facebook Page, Twitter handle, Blog, website, Youtube channel etc.
- Data Bank- Many times what politicians do, they neglect the power of data of the voters & as a result they lose the election. As if you have the exact data of voters, it becomes very easy for you to identify the ‘Big Issues’ which covers the majority of the voters. It increases the vote share and also creates big followers base.
- Advertise Agenda/Issues– Its always seen that new politicians want to see their picture in every advertisement material, whereas the big political leaders advertise their campaign themes, i.e. what you are doing for the people and how?
- Publish Manifesto– Your election manifesto should cover every aspect and voters benefits and wellness, It consists of Big Issues, Followed by Small Issues, your short-term goals and Long-term goals etc.
- Public Meeting- You should interact the people who are going to vote for you, ask them what they want and promise them you will get it done for them if you come in power, by doing this the consider you in mind at the time of voting.
- Trending Campaigns-Your campaign should trend on social media and should connect youths so that you can raise funds and volunteers from it.
- Go Live & Answer– Ask your team to organize AMA sessions for you, so that you can answer the people’s question who cant reach you personally.
- PR & Blogging- You must have a PR team, who should interact with both Offline & online media and share news about your initiatives and should keep you always in news.
- Community Building– If you do community building you will have many self-help people who support your campaign without any monetary returns and help you in connecting more and more people.
You can also listen to this audio podcast where I have explained how we at Aylin Global do it for our clients.
Don’t forget to comment the points that I have misses and also if you think you can be an ideal client for me feel free to drop me a line on firstname.lastname@example.org or 9886978910.